Acrolinx Careers Privacy Notice
Acrolinx Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to respecting your privacy and to managing your personal data fairly and safely. With this Privacy Notice, we want to inform you why and how we use personal data on the Acrolinx careers website at https://www.acrolinx.com/careers-at-acrolinx and in the job application process.
Unless otherwise indicated, Acrolinx Group is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of personal data in the context of applying for a job at Acrolinx. If you are applying for a job with one of the other Acrolinx companies, then that Acrolinx Company is also a data controller. To contact the relevant data controller, please see the section How to contact us below.
I. Personal data we collect
II. Purposes and legal grounds
III. How we disclose personal data
IV. International data transfers
V. Retention periods
VI. Your rights and choices
VII. How to contact us
I. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect personal data directly from you, from third parties or public sources, as well as automatically, such as through your use of the Acrolinx careers page. In this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Examples of personal data include name, email address, IP address, and phone number.
A. Personal data we collect directly from you
- Identification information, such as name, date and place of birth, language, gender.
- Contact details, such as phone number, email address, and mailing address.
- Job application details, such as CV, cover letter, certificates, other documents concerning current/last position, start date of current/last employment, current/last employer, level of education, university attended, final grade/university by which degree was issued if applicable, work permit, residence permit, clean certificate of criminal convictions and offenses, desired salary, start date/notice period to be considered, tenure, training, competency profile, professional experience, personal data contained in cover letters, resumes and employment applications, language skills, and your picture if you provide it to us knowingly and voluntarily.
- Assessment information, such as recordings of video interviews and results of online assessments.
- Recruitment surveys, such as information about our recruitment process, including how you found out about the job and your visits to recruitment events such as job fairs.
B. Personal data we collect automatically
- Website usage information. When you visit the Acrolinx website (www.acrolinx.com), we collect certain information about your use of the website, including the hostname and IP address of your device, your browser type and version, your operating system, the website that referred you to us, the pages you visit on our careers page (https://acrolinx.com/careers-at-acrolinx) and the time and duration of your visit.
C. Personal data we collect from third parties
- Professional social media. If you include a professional social media link or identifier in your application, we may retrieve information about your professional social media presence from such social media sites.
- Background checks. For U.S. applicants only, we may collect and process information from third parties, including criminal records, to verify information you have provided to us, and to perform background checks.
D. Personal data we collect from public sources
- Personal information publicly available such as press articles or posts on professional social media.
In specific circumstances, the above categories may include sensitive or special categories of personal data. We will only collect and process special categories of personal data (including data regarding criminal convictions and offenses) where this is necessary and relevant for the position you are applying for. In addition, we will only collect and process data regarding criminal convictions and offenses where this is authorized by law for the specific position and only after obtaining consent from the shortlisted candidates. We will keep any special categories of personal data in strict confidence.
II. PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- Evaluating job applications. Registering your application for a job with us and, if this application triggers our selection procedure, defining your professional summary to assess your job application in view of a potential recruitment, and contacting you for information required for entering into an employment contract with you.
- Background screening. Screening of educational and professional background prior to and during the course of employment.
- Maintaining candidate database. Maintaining a database of job candidates in order to be able to contact potential candidates if any future job opportunities match their profile.
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal data, for example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- In some cases, we are authorized by law to use certain special categories of data, or data related to criminal offenses, for example to conduct background checks; or to comply with social security requirements.
- The Acrolinx Group or a third party has a legitimate interest in using the personal data. For example, the Acrolinx Group has a legitimate interest in learning about the effectiveness of our recruitment efforts. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
III. HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose information to third parties with your consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Acrolinx People Team. We may disclose details about your application to people and management teams of other members of the Acrolinx group of companies.
- Talent acquisition. We may disclose your personal data to talent management and assessment companies or entities providing online interviewing services.
- Service providers. We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who provide us with hosting, maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to or process personal data about you as part of providing those services for us. We limit the personal data provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement. We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the security or integrity of Acrolinx careers, or to protect the legitimate interests, rights, property, or safety of Acrolinx, its employees or others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or governmental or regulatory request or any other legal process served on us.
- Business transfers. To an acquirer, successor, or assignee of our company as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
IV. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer your personal data to recipients in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. When we do so, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data that comply with our legal obligations. The adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal data to third countries. For more information about the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards we use to protect such transfers, you may contact us through the contact information set forth below in section VII.
V. RETENTION PERIODS
We take measures to delete your personal data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this data for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we consider various criteria, such as the position you applied for, whether the application was successful, the nature and length of our relationship with you, expected future job openings matching your profile, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will generally retain your application for a period of up to six months, but the specific retention period may differ from one country to another. For more information about our retention of your application, you may contact us through the contact information set forth below. If your application is successful, the data collected during the application period will be retained and its processing will be subject to the Acrolinx Employee Privacy Notice. More specifically, the application data, including from your CV may be processed for further employment purposes, e.g. so that Acrolinx can fully identify and draw upon the experience, industry and professional knowledge, skills and talents employed in the Company.
VI. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You can contact us at any time for assistance regarding the processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right at any time to:
- Access, correct, and transmit. You may reasonably access the personal data pertaining to you that is on file with Acrolinx. You also have the right to request that we correct incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated personal data. To the extent required by applicable law, you may also request that we transmit personal data you have provided to us, to you, or to another company.
- Deletion. You may request the deletion of your personal data as provided by applicable law. This may apply, for instance, if your information is outdated; if the processing is not necessary, or is unlawful; if you withdraw your consent; or if we determine we should accommodate an objection you have raised to our processing. In some situations, we may need to retain your personal data pursuant to a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Restriction of processing. Similarly, and where provided by applicable law, you may request that we restrict processing of your personal data while we are answering your request or complaint pertaining to (i) the accuracy of your personal data, (ii) our legitimate interests to process such information, or (iii) the lawfulness of our processing activities.
- Withdrawal of consent or objection: If the data processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to the processing or to withdraw your consent at any time. Your objection or withdrawal shall only have effect for the future. If you object to processing on the basis of our legitimate interest, we may nevertheless continue processing if we can prove that there are compelling reasons for processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms.
To exercise your rights, you can send us a request, indicating the right you wish to exercise by contacting us as indicated in How to Contact Us at the bottom of this notice. However, there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. We may, for example, charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights if, for instance, your request is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, interfere with pending or future litigation, or infringe on applicable law. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
VII. HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us at any time for assistance regarding the processing of your personal data. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices in general, you can contact us via email at email@example.com or via post at:
2352 Main Street, Suite 303
Concord, MA 01742
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.